PO Box 981
Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia, 4802
Phone 61 7 4946 4782
Freecall (Australia Only) 1800 359 554
|1. How do I/we get to the boat? "Waltzing Matilda' is berthed at Abel Point Marina. You have a number of options on how to get there. You may make your own way there, or, preferably you may catch our courtesy coach from the centre of Airlie Beach.
2. Can I smoke on the boat? Yes, but only on deck! Definitely no smoking below! We provide ashtrays on deck. Please don't throw your cigarette butts over the side, they make the wildlife sick.
3. Where do you go? Or, what's the itinerary? It depends on your preference, the weather patterns at the time and the tide and current flow. However you will go to as many snorkelling spots as possible and of course you will go to Whitehaven Beach.
4. Can I scuba dive? We are not a dive boat, however, let us know if you wish to dive or experience a resort dive and we will arrange it.
|5. Do I need an underwater camera? Many people take an underwater camera with varying results. It's up to you! Definitely take you normal camera, you'll get some great shots. Remember! They don't like getting wet so take care they are your responsibility.
6. Can I help on the boat? Our crew would be delighted for you to help in all aspects of running the boat. Again it's up to you. There is lots of deck space if you just want to sun yourself and relax for the three days.
7. Do I need to bring my own drinks? Alcoholic, yes. Soft drinks and water we have on board. Please remember that we prefer not to have glass on board (everybody is barefoot). So beer in cans and wine in casks, please.
8. Do you have snorkelling equipment? Yes we do. You will be issued with your own set at the first opportunity.
9. What do I need to bring? A small overnight bag containing: Toiletries, Sunscreen, Swimsuit, Shorts, 'T' shirt, Jumper, Soft shoes, Hat & Sunnies, Camera and a sense of fun and adventure.
10. What is the weather going to be like? We don't know! However here is an indication: We are located 20*4South and 148*5 East on Queenslands tropical coast. Considered a perfect climate by many we get approximately 8.25 hours of sunshine per day with average annual day time temperatures of 27*C maximum and 21*C minimum. There are two distinct seasons, winter, the dry season when very little rain falls and summer or the 'Wet season' when we get our annual rainfall.
11. Is there shade onboard Waltzing Matilda? We erect shade clothes when we are on anchor.